WyldHer Portal Opening Spring 2018
Can you hear Her call? Do you feel the hoof beats in your bones? The doors of the Artemis Temple and WyldHer Priestess Collective are now open.
We are still in the very beginning stages of visioning and creation, and welcome any questions regarding our offerings and development process. Our hope is to create various levels of participation and commitment that allow everyone to serve in a sustainable, heartfelt way. For those wishing for a deeper level of participation and commitment, membership within the WyldHer Collective is currently open to female identified individuals. We hope to incorporate men’s mysteries into our offerings at a later date. More information about joining the collective can be found below.
The Temple of Artemis will offer 4 public seasonal rituals throughout the year. Priestessed by members of the WyldHer Collective, these community ceremonies will be open to everyone, with the first to be held September 2017 for the Fall Equinox. Beginning November 2017, the WyldHer Collective will also offer monthly Goddess circles for women. Upcoming ritual dates can be found below
Our ultimate purpose is to build a thriving and active Temple community with a variety of opportunities for meaningful participation. Please let us know if you want to get involved but aren’t sure how or what that would look like.
Roles within The WyldHer Priestess Collective.
Council Mothers: Consensus-based governing body of Artemis Temple and WyldHer Collective
*Council membership is currently closed, but will be open to members of the collective at a later date.*
- Shared High Priestess leadership role
- The holding of a earth-based lineage: A willingness/desire to dedicate oneself & serve as a priestess to Artemis, both publicly and personally. This includes a commitment to continuing education around Goddess Herstory/mythology, ritual and leadership skills, personal development and transformation.
- Completion of WyldHer Priestess mentorship Years 1 and 2
- Minimum 1 year commitment with monthly council meetings and online communication as needed. After two missed meetings, an accountability meeting will take place.
- Designated altar in home space
- Participation in 4 quarterly temple work bees
- Daily Artemis prayer and (some form of) meditation practice.
- Participation in monthly lunar rites either in the temple or at home. One core purpose for these monthly rituals is to keep the magick connected and flowing. Council Mothers performing the ritual at home will check in with the group about the energies/what came up for them.
- Lead organizational role in 4 public seasonal ceremonies (Equinox and Solstices) & 4 private WyldHer collective rituals (Imbolc, Beltane, Lammas and Samhain)
- Responsible for mediating clearings as required
- Willingness to uphold principles of unity and inclusive worship for all. A big part of the councils work for 2017-2018 will be the development of a principles of unity (working title) for the temple.
- Availability for temple hours TBD
- Option to lead rituals for the open Goddess circle
- Yearly tithe: $44 for operating costs
The Collective: Initiated Priestesses of the Wyldher Collective
New community members with a desire to enter the collective must first participate in a WyldHer daylong immersion. The immersion serves as an orientation to the lineage and land, after which they may enter the collective as a dedicant. Training during the dedicant year will center around the planning and facilitation of rituals for the open Goddess circle with the support of mentor Priestesses. After completion, dedicants may initiate into the WyldHer lineage. Those wanting to continue their studies may apply for a second year of mentorship. Year 2 will continue to build ritual skills, while focusing on the Goddess Artemis and the role of a Priestess as a community leader.
- Completion of dedicant year/WyldHer Priestess mentorship year 1
- A commitment to earth based spirituality, Goddess Herstory/mythology and ritual
- Help to shape the collective’s role in future
- Have input in council work
- Availability for temple hours TBD- collective will have input in how this develops.
- Providing a support role in at least 4 rituals (private and public) per year, with at least one visible, lead role in a public seasonal ceremony. A support role might look like set up/take down, organizing potluck etc. A visible, lead role could include ritual planning, leading a trance or ritual activity etc.
- Participation in at least 1 temple work bee a year
- Option to lead rituals for the open Goddess circle
- Monthly lunar rituals and daily practice are encouraged but optional
- Preferred 1 year commitment with the option to take a leave of absence as needed
- Active membership in the collective will be a requirement for those wanting to attend the second year Priestess training/mentorship. The training, once implemented, will be a requirement for moving from the collective to council.
- Yearly tithe: $33 for operating costs
A note on Initiations: Initiating into a lineage is a powerful, transformative experience; and dedicating to a specific Deity even more so. We envision all members of the collective initiating into the tradition as Priestesses of the Goddess. Those that feel called to include a specific Goddess within that ceremony may do so personally, but it is not a formal component of the ritual. Council Mother’s have additional responsibilities and must be called to dedicate and work specifically with Artemis. We are not a monotheistic tradition, a council mother may be dedicated to other deities, however there must be a deep willingness to work and serve the Goddess Artemis as She is the Mother of our tradition and temple.
Upcoming Rituals/Important Dates:
(Open to all members of the public)
Fall/Winter 2017- Spring/Summer 2018
June 21st Summer Solstice Community Ritual 7pm
Collective Rituals and Workshops
(Dedicants and Initiated members of the WyldHer Collective only)
Fall/Winter 2017- Spring 2018
Early May 1st – Beltane (COLLECTIVE ONLY)
WYLDHER PORTAL OPENING April 28th – 6-8pm – OPEN FOR NEW MEMBERS
(Open to all female identified individuals)